The Power of Positivity

Everyone is very quick to judge what is wrong with their looks.  I decided today that we would focus on what we love about our looks.  If you change your mindset to focus on the good, then the bad falls to the background and is not such a focus in your life.

The three things I love about my appearance are my eyes, my freckles and my hands.

I get many compliments on my eyes.  Since getting contact lenses they are no longer hidden behind my glasses.  The lenses always made them look smaller than they actually are.  So now they are more prominent and, I think, detract from my unfavourable nose.  They are very blue and sometimes change depending on the colour of clothes that I am wearing.  My mum always dressed me in blue when I was a wee girl because it matched my eyes.

I also really like my freckles.  Though they used to be something I was called names for.  And as I have gotten older, they have faded a little, but they are still all over the place!  It makes me a little more unique as there are not many folks in Orange County with the same complexion as me.

Finally, I love my hands.  There are a few reasons.  They are quite strong and I am proud of that.  Also, they are Moffat hands…I love seeing my hands that are like my Grampa’s and my uncles’.  And my fingernails have these ridges.  My granny used to have these ridges on her nails so every time I look at my nails I see the same ridges and it reminds me of her which makes me happy.

One thought on “The Power of Positivity

1. Hello, my name is Christopher Andrade, I’m a senior at Etiwanda Highschool. I would like to say this is a great blog and I enjoyed reading it.