The Kitchen

I love ma wee hoose! My most favourite room is the kitchen. It wasn’t always my favourite because it needed some love and remodeling. I completely gutted it three years ago. We started on March 17th. The only reason I remember the date is because it was St. Patrick’s Day. The cabinets were an orangey wood and the floors were slightly gross in some spots. There was also a tiny wee island that was not super useful. We tore everything out. My mum loves to demo things and went at the cabinets with a mallet. We also opened up the wall between the living room and kitchen. Now my kitchen is beautiful and bright. I added white shaker cabinets and fun countertops with speckles of blueish stone. Some of the bits sparkle when the light hits them. I added wooden shelves with big black brackets that hold my treasured books and knick knacks. I also have two chandeliers over the island. The walls and tile are a pretty light blue with a hint of gray. The sun sets at the back of my house so the kitchen is always filled with sunlight. And when I am baking it is my happy place. I loved designing my kitchen.

10 thoughts on “The Kitchen

1. Your kitchen looks so different from before now, from western to a sleek and modern look. I especially like those hanging lamps

2. I love the way your fabulous kitchen looks in the sunlight. It looks a lot nicer than it did before. I’m shocked that you and your mom were able to do all of that by yourself! You are so amazing and I hope you are enjoying your improved kitchen!

• Thank you! My dad is a rockstar too! He did all the work with my help and my mum’s help except for the counters and the new door and window. 🙂