One of My Most Favourite People

This picture is one of my favourite selfies. Owen is also one of my most favourite people in the world. He is a crazy twelve year old who I got to meet for the first time when he was just a few hours old and he stole my heart. He belongs to my best friends Debs and Pete. At the age of twelve he is one of the nicest, kindest, and best kids I have ever met, and I know quite a few in my line of work. He is also entrepreneurial as he has started his own car washing business. I am super proud of him for this. Over the years we have done many fun things together: mini golf, movies, baking, basketball games, trick-or-treating at Halloween and just hanging out at home shooting hoops and chilling watching game shows on TV. One of my most favourite memories is the day we were at the wee park near their home and he started walking for the first time. I have also kept most of the notes and pictures he has written to me. Two of them are in my wallet at all times.

We always take selfies at most occasions so we have quite the collection over the twelve year period.  It is weird to think that he is now the same age and in the same grade as I was when I moved here from Scotland. I am the luckiest Auntie Soos to have this Owen in my life.

4 thoughts on “One of My Most Favourite People

1. Such a beautiful photo of the two of you! I wish you many more happy and memorable years with him! ♥️ I love being an auntie too. 😊

2. WHAT A CUTIE!!! You two look alike! I’m glad you have an Owen in your life. From your description, it sounds like everyone should have at least one Owen in their lives. Cheers, Owen…you obviously make your Auntie Soos very proud!

• That’s funny that you think we look alike…no relation at all! He’s my best friend’s kiddo. But he’s a cutie so I must be a cutie too! 😉 Thank you so much for leaving all the wonderful comments on the blogs. You are the best! 🙂