To Resolute or Not

So, I have this nasty habit of making resolutions and then breaking them.  I always say I am going to do my dishes before I go to bed (they are always piled up).  I always look at the clothes on the floor (clean after doing the laundry and so there are piles waiting to be put away) or the ones stacked on the chair near my bed and I tell myself that it only takes a minute to put them away, but what a chore it is!  Ironing…that doesn’t exist in my house! 🙂 Exercising…everyone always says they are going to exercise in the new year.  The ads all over the magazines and TV tell us that is what we are supposed to do…a new beginning, and so a new you!  I am no different.  But I never do a very good job at it.  So, therefore, I just don’t make resolutions.  The only resolution that I have ever made that I don’t break is that I don’t make resolutions.  It is the safest route to take so that I feel as though I have accomplished something rather than being disappointed at my not meeting my own simple goals.

Those people who make and keep resolutions must have better willpower than I do!

2 thoughts on “To Resolute or Not

1. Overall, this is an extremely well written blog and kept me interested throughout. Your are touching on a topic which every human struggles with. Keep up the good work.